Soundbite 1 | Soundbite 2
- Maker: Mcilroy
- Model: AS25
- Back/Sides Wood: Figured Claro Walnut
- Top Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Neck Wood: 5 Piece - Mahogany/Maple/Walnut/Maple/Mahogany
- Bindings: Pear w/ Maple, Pear and Rosewood purfling inlays
- Rosette: Paua Abalone w/ Rosewood and Maple purfling inlays
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh SG318’s
- Headplate: Ebony w/ Maple purfling underlay
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- PickGuard: None
- Fret Markers: None
- Frets to Body: 14
- Case: Hiscox
- Pickup: No
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- String Spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower Bout: 14-3/4"
- Body Depth at the End Pin: 4-1/2"
- Custom Features: Celtic Knot Inlay on the 12th
- Comments: This one has a wood upgrade to a premium level set...absolutely beautiful. Every Mcilroy I have ever played was spectacular, but this one floored me. The sound is sweet and silky, with clear crisp mids that are missing in most guitars, particularly smaller ones. The AS25 is also the most balanced guitar I have ever recorded with...no EQ required. Check out the video of Return to Saffron Hill.
Visit the Mcilroy Guitars website