Video: Easter Moon (Written and performed by Kenn Fox)
- Maker: Viellette [USA]
- Model: Gryphon 12
- Back/Sides Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Finish: Natural Back and Sides w/ Light Amber Sunburst Top
- Top Wood: Sitka
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Bindings: Ebony
- Tuners: Gotoh w/Tortoise buttons
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Side Markers: MOP
- Frets to Body: 13
- Cutaway: Yes
- Case: SKB Hardshell
- Pickup: D-tar Wavelength w/Preamp
- Nut Width: 1-7/8"
- Scale Length: 18.5"
- String Spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower Bout:12-1/2"
- Body Depth at the End Pin: 3-5/8"
- Comments: The Gryphon is perhaps the most fascinating stringed instrument I have ever encountered. It is tuned 10 half steps high, so you can simply put a capo on the 2nd fret and play all of your favorite pieces an octave higher. It makes even the simplest chord progressions sound magical. I love to open tune it and experiment with textures and unusual chord forms. This instrument is endless fun, and a great tool for both writing and recording.
Visit the Veillette Guitars website