- Make: Rowan [Texas, USA]
- Model: Texas Twister
- Year: 2009
- Color: Transparent Amber/ Black back and sides
- Body Woods: Spanish cedar/Book-matched Flamed Maple Top
- Neck: Maple [single piece] Satin Finish
- Case: TKL Hardshell
- Pickups: Rowan
- Comments: Texas builder extraordinaire Michael Rowan has accomplished the impossible. He has somehow managed to design and build an amazingly high quality, hand built guitar for less than the price of most factory imports. This guitar is suitable for comparison to any 3K + American built electric I have ever played!
Let’s start with the feel…feather weight and very well balanced. The fully chambered body is capped with a choice book-matched, highly Flamed Maple top, easily a “10 top” as referred to by rival builders. The pickups are punchy and full with a nice bell-like high end. The pots are both push-pull coil taps which, when pulled, engage a preamp that is on only in the single coil position. This prevents any drop in output when in the single coil mode…brilliant! The neck is satin finished and shaped perfectly with highly polished medium jumbo frets.
EVERYTHING about this guitar is absolutely first-rate and would be a bargain at three times the price. Do yourself a huge favor and check one of these out today!
- Price: $1075 w/TKL Hardshell
Visit the Rowan Guitars home page