Soundbites: Fingerpicked, Drop D Tuning | Fingerpicked, Open Tuning | Flatpicked
All soundbites are recorded with NO EQ.
- Maker: Northwood [Canada]
- Model: R80-OOO [Deep Body]
- Back/Sides Wood: Madagascar
- Top Wood: Sitka
- Neck Wood: Single piece/ Honduran
- Headplate: Madagascar Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Heelcap: Koa
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- PickGuard: Clear
- Fret Markers: Abalone Dots
- Frets to Body: 14
- Cutaway: No
- Bindings: Figured Koa w/Black/
White/ Black accent lines
- Rosette: Abalone
- Tuners: Gotoh 510s
- Case: TKL Hardshell
- Pickup: None
- Lower Bout: 15-1/8"
- Nut Width: 1-13/4"
- Saddle spacing: 2-1/4"
- Body Depth: 4-3/4"
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Special Features: Deep Body, Polished nut and saddle
- Comments: To say John McQuarry
is among the best builders on the planet would be an under statement.
He is truly in a league of his own. The lines are perfect, the detail
is mind-boggling, and the sound and feel of these guitars is pure magic. This one features a very special
set of Madagascar Rosewood. The colors of this wood are a feast for
the eyes. The sound is deep and thick with an amazing clear, rich Bass.
While this wood is often compared to Brazilian, it has a bit more clarity
to my ear, and at a fraction of the price. This guitar resonates with
such a magnitude of sound I find myself holding on tight so it doesn't
vibrate off my lap. This is one of the most alive guitars I have ever
- Condition: Ex- Several indentations on top but none through the finish...just honest play wear. A pickup was installed and removed and a Taylor strap pin is currently installed. It is ready to drop in the pickup of your choice.
Click here to visit the
Northwood Guitars home page