Soundbite 1 | Soundbite 2 (Both parts played with this instrument)
All soundbites are recorded with NO EQ.
Related video: House Guitars Model Overview - Guitar-Bouzouki
- Maker: Joshua House (Canada)
- Model: GA Gazouki
- Back/Sides Wood: Figured Myrtle
- Top Wood: Curly Sitka
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Single Piece)
- Bindings: Myrtle
- Rosette: Flamed Box Elder
- Tuners: Black Gotoh
- Headplate: Myrtle
- Headstock Inlay: Flamed Box Elder
- Bridge: Macassar Ebony
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- PickGuard: Clear
- Fret Markers: None
- Side Markers: Silver Circles
- Frets to Body: 14
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Case: Black Hardshell
- Pickup: K&K Pure Mini
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Scale Length: 27"
- String Spacing: 1-15/16"
- Lower Bout: 15-3/4"
- Body Depth at the End Pin: 4-1/4"
- Special Features: Sound Port, Gold Evo Frets
- Comments:The Irish Bouzouki came on the scene in the early 1970s when adopted by the great celtic players Andy Irvine and Donal Lunny. This "modern" version of the instrument makes for a very exiting and interesting pallet. This masterpiece Zouk by Josh House displays a level of detail and woods that take this instrument to a new stratosphere. The myrtle set is breathtaking, and yes, just when I thought I had seen it all, an exotic curly Sitka top...absolutely beautiful! While this is a "showpiece," it is a blast to play. The double string courses give you a nice "jangle" for single note phrases, and there is a cello-like richness to chords. I love the feel of the neck as well. It is comfortable and fast, and the set-up is perfect. If you are considering adding another flavor of stringed instrument sounds to your world, this would be a superb choice.
Visit the House Guitars website