- Maker: House
- Model: Grand Auditorium
- Back/Sides Wood: Flamed Honduran Mahagony w/ Sapwood
- Top Wood: German Spruce
- Neck Wood: 9 piece Mahogany/ Dyed Maple
- Headplate: Ebony
- Heelcap: Flamed Mahogany
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- PickGuard: Clear
- Fret Markers: Abalone Diamonds
- Frets to Body: 14
- Cutaway: No
- Bindings: Rosewood w/ red maple accent lines
- Rosette: Snakewood w/ dual Abalone border rings
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510
- Case: TKL Tweed Hardshell
- Lower Bout: 15 5/8"
- Depth at the Tailblock: 4 7/8"
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Special Features: Dual soundports, Gold Frets
- Condition: Near Mint
- Comments: This is the very first guitar Josh House sent to Paramount. It has served me well and began a string of commissions for House guitars that are more suited to my current needs. Since I have now began recording with the newer guitars, I have decided to release a couple of the older models from my collection. This guitar was featured on the album Sacred Wood [Spiritone 1022] which was recently reviewed in Acoustic Magazine in England. Many respectful guitarists have proclaimed this guitar the best they have played. The Flamed Mahogany is warm and balanced and this guitar has a very "animated" sound without being lush and uncontrolled. I sometimes get the vibe with all of Josh's guitars that they respond to the player by letting you hear things you normally wouldn't hear. It's almost as if you hear in between the usual sound spectrum of bass, mid, and treble with this wonderful clarity...kind of like [instead of reading between the lines] hearing between the lines? This guitar displays many of the features and detailed craftsmanship that Josh has become known for such as Dual Ports and Dyed Maple Purfling lines. This could be a collectible guitar in years to come and will make someone very happy in the meantime!
Visit the House Guitars home page