Soundbite 1 | Soundbite 2
All soundbites are recorded with NO EQ.
Videos: House Model Overview - Fingerstyle Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Maker: Joshua House [Canada]
- Model: Fingerstyle
- Back/Sides Wood: Beeswing Mahogany
- Top Wood: Cedar
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Bindings: Flamed Maple
- Rosette: Flamed Maple
- Tuners: Gotoh 581
- Headplate: Ziracote
- Headstock Inlay: Reconstituted Stone
- Bridge: Ziricote
- PickGuard: Provided but not installed
- Fret Markers: None
- Frets to Body: 14
- Cutaway: No
- Case: Hiscox Hardshell
- Pickup: K & K Pure Mini
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.7"
- String Spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower Bout: 15-5/8”
- Body Depth at the End Pin: 4-1/2"
- Weight: 4.19 lbs
- Special Features: Deep body design, Hide glue construction, Carbon Graphite truss rod, double Celtic Knot stone inlay on the 12th fret
- Comments: This is 1 of 2 prototypes we will be receiving for Josh's new "Fingerstyle" model. I couldn't be more impressed with both the sound and playability of this guitar...simply magnificent!
The slightly longer scale is perfect for tunings. I had it in an open C tuning and it played clean as a whistle all the way up the fingerboard. It is a very responsive instrument with full and complex overtones. I am also quite impressed by the overall accuracy and intonation, easily making this one of the most "in tune" guitars I have ever played, even in a low tuning.
Josh used Ziricote for the fretboard and bridge which not only lightens up the guitar, but adds the sweet mids, reminiscent of older Gibsons with Brazilian Rosewood fingerboards.
Josh also lightened up the bracing on this guitar which adds more sustain, and makes it a very comfortable 4.19 pounds [light as a feather].
Everything about this new model is an amazing accomplishment. Josh has once again fused old school craftsmanship with cutting edge ingenuity to create a unique and exiting design. I look forward to playing more of these!
Visit the House Guitars website